About Me

My photo
I am Amanda...I am an aspiring Photographer,a wife, and more importantly a MOM. I am a stay at home mom who has a dream of getting into Photography. I work and live in the Pocatello, Idaho area. I am willing to travel! Lets meet!

Labels

Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Brooklyn Kay Wheeler

So it has been a while since I've posted and that's because I had my sweet daughter!!!!!

Brooklyn Kay Wheeler
April 25, 2009
6lbs 5oz
20 inches long


So the story, I went to the doctor on Tuesday and they wanted to do an ultrasound to check out the baby and see how she was doing. They looked at Brooklyn and she passed her non-stress test with a B because she wouldn't breathe for us the whole time! Silly girl! My blood pressure had been high for the last few weeks and it kept getting worse and I kept swelling, they imagined I had preclampsia. Well, on Friday I was sitting there and got a phone call from my doctors office wanting me to come in and do another ultrasound. Well, Brooklyn looked great and passed her test with an A this time! Then they checked my blood pressure a couple times and were concerned about it so they said we're going to have a baby! HOLY COW!!! They were going to start an induction process that evening with a cervical gel to get things started and then start me on Pitocin the next morning. Saturday morning they started the Pitocin and said "prepare for a long day". Well, about 12:00 they checked me and I was progressing a little bit, and having pain. I was given some drugs to help with the contraction pain SO LUCKY! I pretty much slept through the pain! Then I woke up a couple hours later with TERRIBLE contractions, they checked me and I was farther along then they thought I would be. Then I got my wonderful epidural!!!!! A little bit later I felt the pressure and knew it was time...at 4:20 and after pushing for only about 10-15 minutes my sweetheart was here!! So that means I had a THREE HOUR labor!!! CRAZY.

About Brooklyn, she was born with Blonde hair and blue eyes. Such a beautiful little girl. She is such a great baby, she hardly cries unless it's time to eat and I'm not fast enough. She is getting better about sleeping and she is the best little thing that her Dad and I could ever have asked for. We are so happy that she has come into our lives. She is the best blessing EVER!! Enjoy pictures of my beautiful girl.





4 comments:

Krystal said...

Congratulations! She is such a beauty! Will definitely take after her momma!

Jordan and Danny said...

Oh, she is so beautiful! I'm so sorry I haven't been to see you guys yet. Hopefully this week. it sounds like your doing alright, and I'm so glad! I'm so excited she's finally here!

Betsy B. said...

Congratulations! Keep up the good work and I hope you have a wonderfully speedy recovery. Rest a lot!!

Love you!

The Wheelers said...

Congrats! Can't wait to see you all again! Brooke is just soooo cute! :0)
Now your gonna have to blog all the time ... lol